Home Working Area Year 4 - 30th March-3rd April 2020
Dear Parents and Carers,
As your child is not at school I have selected work that you can do at home. Please do as many as you can.
The activities are:
1. Daily Reading for 20 minutes – can you please sign their reading contact book.
2. Spellings – high frequency and common exception words. The children to choose 10 that they think they cannot spell and use the spelling strategy sheet to practice them.
3. TTRockstars – independent multiplication tables game. This game assess the children as they play and adapts the questions to the speed and accuracy of their answers.
4. Bronze and Silver 5 a day maths sheets. Children to choose either bronze or silver or both. These sheets cover all areas of maths. Some questions on the silver sheets may be unfamiliar as we haven’t covered them in class but the children know this and will try and tackle them.
5. Education City – 5 activities based on either maths or grammar. The activities chosen say that they are tablet-friendly, but sometimes this is not the case. If you can’t access the game, don’t worry. There will be some activities differentiated for different ability groups.
6. Purple Mash – there will be a range of things for the children to do. Some of it will be independent work and some activities may require adult support. There are tutorial videos to many of the activities that the children should watch.
Thank you very much
We look forward to seeing you soon
Mr Kay and the Year 4 Team