Home Working Area Year 4 - 20th-24th April 2020
Please find below the information for home learning for Year 4 for week 3 - 20th-24th April. The home learning information and resources from previous weeks will remain available in the Year 4 Parent's Hub under the relevant week.
(Text from Year 4 parent letter, also below as a PDF)
Dear Year 4 Parents,
Here is this week’s selection of activities. But first a huge shout out to all the children who have got a score on the leaderboards in some of the activities and to those that handed in work – I have responded personally to them. WELL DONE!!!!!!
1. Daily Reading for 20 minutes – can you please sign their reading contact book.
2. Spellings – high frequency and common exception words. The children to choose 10 that they think they cannot spell and use the spelling strategy sheet to practice them.
3. TT Rockstars – independent multiplication tables game. This game assesses the children as they play and adapts the questions to the speed and accuracy of their answers.
4. Bronze and Silver 5 a day maths sheets. Children to choose either bronze or silver or both. These sheets cover all areas of maths. Some questions on the silver sheets may be unfamiliar as we haven’t covered them in class, but the children know this and will try and tackle them. If you want more, feel free to use the ones that are the dates in the first two weeks. Links to these sheets are at the bottom of the weekly planner.
5. Education City – 5 activities based on either maths or grammar. The activities chosen say that they are tablet-friendly, but sometimes this is not the case. If you can’t access the game, don’t worry.
6. Purple Mash – there will be a range of things for the children to do. Some of it will be independent work and some activities may require adult support. There are tutorial videos to many of the activities that the children should watch. This week I have included a range of computer art-based activities.
Thank you very much, we look forward to seeing you soon.
Mr Kay and the Year 4 Team