Home Working Area Year 4 - 1st-5th June 2020
Please find below the information for home learning for Year 4 for week 8 – 1st-5th June. The home learning information and resources from previous weeks will remain available in the Year 4 Parent's Hub under the relevant week.
Please click on the link below to see this week’s video from Mr Kay
(Text from Year 4 parent letter, also below as a PDF)
Dear Year 4 parents,
Here is this week’s selection of activities.
- Daily Reading for 30 minutes – can you please sign their reading contact book.
- Spellings – high frequency and common exception words. The children to choose 10 that they think they cannot spell and use the spelling strategy sheet to practice them.
- TTRockstars – independent multiplication tables game. This game assesses the children as they play and adapts the questions to the speed and accuracy of their answers.
- Bronze and Silver 5 a day maths sheets. Children to choose either bronze or silver or both. These sheets cover all areas of maths. Some questions on the silver sheets may be unfamiliar as we haven’t covered them in class, but the children know this and will try and tackle them. If you want more, feel free to use the ones that are the dates in the 2 weeks just gone.
- Education City – 2 reading activities with questions and answers
- Purple Mash – This week is a mix of maths and our Ancient Greek topic. We are focusing on Ancient Greek food. There are links to YouTube clips on Ancient Greek food which you need to watch before starting the writing activity. The maths activities are all designed to refresh your knowledge and skills on place value. You can do these in any order.
- I have included links to the BBC Bitesize Daily lessons. These are free easy to follow lessons with video clips and activities to add variety to the work I have set already. Feel free to try them and explore previous lessons.
Thank you very much
We look forward to seeing you soon
Mr Kay and the Year 4 Team