Home Working Area Year 3 - 8th-12th June 2020
Please find below the information for home learning for Year 3 for week 9 – 8th-12th June. The home learning information and resources from previous weeks will remain available in the Year 3 Parent's Hub under the relevant week.
Please click on the link below to see this week’s video from Miss Simmonds
(Text from Year 3 parent letter, also below as a PDF)
Dear Year 3 parents,
I hope you are all well and are enjoying the beautiful weather. Welcome to Week 9 of
This week we have a Gas Mask focus and finish the Bridge on Fire story. Please do as
many activities as you can.
It’s lovely to see the activities that are being done at home - remember to keep using the
‘hand in’ button.
The activities for this week are:
1. Continue to practice your spellings from the lists given. Remember you can always use
word pyramids to help you with your practicing! Also remember to have a go at the
purple mash game.
2. Maths - this week there continues to be White Rose activities and videos to complete.
We continue to have a look at fractions. Remember you can always use items around the
house to help the children with fractions e.g. cakes and pizzas.
Lesson 1 - week 2 lesson 5 - Equivalent Fractions 1
Lesson 2 - week 3 lesson 1 - Equivalent Fractions 2
Lesson 3 - week 3 - lesson 2 -Equivalent Fractions 3
3. PE this week continues to be a combination of Joe Wicks, Cosmic Yoga and I have
found a very interesting looking minions dance class to have a go at!
4. Reading continues to be using education city games - there is a folder under homework
called - reading. The children can choose an activity they like the look of and complete it.
Also continue the World War 2 story on Purple Mash.
5. There are some more exciting Maddie and Greg videos to watch with activities to
complete from watching the video.
6. History - research gas masks and then write up what you have found using Purple
7. There are also some activities linked to A bridge on Fire to complete. One is a
character profile and the other is a book review when you finish reading. I know some of
the words are quite tricky so it’s OK to read with your child.
8. Finally there are some activities looking at perimeter to complete on Purple Mash.
I hope you enjoy this weeks’ activities.
Thank you very much for all of your support.
We look forward to seeing you very soon.
Miss Simmonds and the Year 3 team
- Letter to Year 3 parents - 8th-12th June 2020.pdf
- Year 3 weekly planner week 9 - 8th-12th June 20020.pdf