Home Working Area Year 3 - 1st-5th June 2020
Please find below the information for home learning for Year 3 for week 8 – 1st-5th June. The home learning information and resources from previous weeks will remain available in the Year 3 Parent's Hub under the relevant week.
Please click on the link below to see this week’s video from Miss Simmonds
I hope you are all well and had a lovely half term.
Welcome to Week 8 of activities and the second part of the summer term. This week we have a World War 2 focus, this week we look at the home front. Please do as many activities as you can.
It’s been lovely to see the activities that have been done at home - remember to keep using the ‘hand in’ button.
The activities for this week are:
1. Continue to practice your spellings from the lists given. Remember you can always use word pyramids to help you with your practicing! Also remember to have a go at the purple mash game.
2. Maths - this week there continues to be White Rose activities and videos to complete. We continue to have a look at fractions. Remember you can always use items around the house to help the children with fractions e.g. cakes and pizzas.
Lesson 1 - week 2 lesson 2 - count in tenths
Lesson 2 - week 2 lesson 3 - tenths as decimals
Lesson 3 - week 2 - lesson 4 -fractions on a numberline
3. PE this week continues to be a combination of Joe Wicks, Cosmic Yoga and I have found a very interesting looking superheroes dance class to have a go at!
4. Art - use PurpleMash to create a factfile on Lowry. You may like to do your own research or use the information given by Purple Mash. Extension - create another Lowry
5. Reading continues to be using education city games - there is a folder under homework called - reading. The children can choose an activity they like the look of and complete it.
Also continue the World War 2 story on Purple Mash.
6. There are some more Maddie and Greg videos to watch with activities to complete from watching the video.
7. Science - use the Education City games to look at experiments.
8. History - research the Home Front and create a fact sheet about what you have found out.
I hope you enjoy this weeks’ activities.
Thank you very much for all of your support.
We look forward to seeing you very soon
Miss Simmonds and the Year 3 team
- Letter to Year 3 parents - 1st-5th June 2020.pdf
- Year 3 Weekly planner week 8 - 1st-5th June 2020.pdf