Home Working Area Year 3 - 11th-15th May 2020
Please find below the information for home learning for Year 3 for week 6 – 11th-15th May. The home learning information and resources from previous weeks will remain available in the Year 3 Parent's Hub under the relevant week.
Please click on the link below to see this week’s video from Miss Simmonds:
(Text from Year 3 parent letter, also below as a PDF)
Dear Year 3 Parents
I hope you are all well. Welcome to Week 6 of activities which continues to have a World War 2 focus. Please do as many as you can. I hope you enjoyed the video last week to help to explain the activities.
Thank you for getting the children to ‘hand in’ their work. It is lovely to see what is being done at home.
The activities for this week are:
1. Continue to practice your spellings from the lists given. Remember you can always use word pyramids to help you with your practicing!
2. Maths - this week I have added a link to the White Rose maths sessions. They are incredibly easy to use - they start with a video to explain the topic and then move on to activities for you to complete. Please try these and see how you get on. PDF SHEETS ATTACHED TO THIS HUB AS WELL
3. PE this week continues to be a combination of Joe Wicks and Cosmic Yoga.
4. I have included some more Maddie & Greg videos for you to have a go at the activities.
5. Computing - have a go at the ‘Snail Race’ activity. Make sure you watch the videos that tell you how you need to program the snail.
6. Reading this week is using education city games – there is a folder under homework called - reading. The children can choose an activity they like the look of and complete it.
7. History - a focus on Air Raid shelters. You need to research these, create a diagram of one with labels and then finally use 2Publish+ to write a diary entry for what would happen during an air raid.
I hope you enjoy this weeks’ activities.
Thank you very much for all your support.
We look forward to seeing you very soon
Miss Simmonds and the Year 3 team
- Letter to Year 3 parents - 11th-15th May 2020.pdf
- Year 3 weekly planner week 6 - 11th-15th May 2020.pdf