You are very warmly welcomed to our school website. Our school is a happy, family environment, hardworking and successful. We hope that you are able to find the information that you are looking for and we thank you for your interest in our school.
Mrs Paula Fearn
Something to make our children smile - Happy Video for St Mary's children
Home Learning Support for your children
For information and support for home learning for your child, please see our Parent Hub with links to online learning sites.
Also each year group Reception through to Year 4 have their own Parent Hub with new information, parent letter, resources and timetables uploaded each week for you to use.
The information from previous weeks will remain on the Parent Hubs under the relevant weeks.
Reading at Home
Please see our new hub reading from home with information from the Dorset Reading Partners which has many ideas about reading with your children and lots of links for listening to authors and others read stories.
Music activities at home
There is a new hub for parents with music activities to do at home. We hope you enjoy these.
If you have any questions, please email the school office
Literacy activities at home
Please click on this link to see many options where Authors and Illustrators are doing free online readings, learning sessions, etc. The web page should change every day with that day's online activity options
Activities at home with your children
Please see our PE/Exercise at Home hub with PE and activity ideas and a link to Premier Sport activity ideas at https://www.premier-education.com/stay-active/
There are now more PE videos in our PE hub and photos of exercise ideas from Mr Dailey - do take a look.
Steve Backshall is doing a live wildlife chats on his Facebook page and new Youtube channel at 9.30 am
For the next 30 days (from 30th March) at 11 o’clock David Walliams is telling stories for free through sound cloud. Try visiting his face page for more information and links. See bit.ly/AudioElevenses
Link to Hot School Lunches website:
CAST Gospel Values
Humility – seeing life as a gift
Compassion – empathy
Kindness – gentleness
Justice – working for a fairer world
Forgiveness – reconciliation
Integrity – do what you say
Peace – committed to peace-making non-violence
Courage – standing up for truth
Our Mission Statement
To be the best you can be, by following the Greatest Commandment by sharing God’s love with everyone we meet.
As the family of St Mary’s we will:-
Work to create a sense of belonging between school, community and Parish
Listen to the views of others in our school community
Work to create a happy and secure environment where everyone is welcomed, valued and respected.
Endeavour to give all pupils the God given opportunity to succeed at every level in the curriculum.
Offer opportunity for positive and honest self reflection which challenge us all to be better people and live the Gospel Values
Place a high value on love, laughter, kindness compassion, forgiveness, truth and peace
Coronavirus - Government guidelines
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
- new continuous cough and/or
- high temperature
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild infection
- anyone with a fever or persistent cough should stay at home for seven days if they live alone or 14 days if they live with others. Anyone who lives with someone displaying coronavirus symptoms should also stay at home for 14 days.
- this action will help protect others in your community whilst you are infectious.
- plan ahead and ask others for help to ensure that you can successfully stay at home.
- ask your employer, friends and family to help you to get the things you need to stay at home.
- stay at least 2 metres (about 3 steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible.
- sleep alone, if that is possible.
- wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water.
- stay away from vulnerable individuals such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions as much as possible.
- you do not need to call NHS111 to go into self-isolation. If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999.
Recent update letter from St Mary's School is under News/March 2020
This weeks St Mary's Citizens as voted by their peers are:
Reception - Joey
Year 1 - Reggie
Year 2 - Astin
Year 3 - Henry M
Year 4 - Victoria
Well done, we are very proud of you!