Home Working Area Year 4 (Sports Week) - 22nd-26th June 2020
Please find below the information for home learning for Year 4 for week 11 – 22nd-26th June. The home learning information and resources from previous weeks will remain available in the Year 4 Parent's Hub under the relevant week.
Please click on the link below to see this week’s video from Miss Simmonds
This week is our Sports Week, please see Mrs Fearn's Video
(Text from Year 4 parent letter, also below as a PDF)
Dear Year 4 parents,
Hello and welcome to week 11! I hope you enjoyed last week’s activities!
Here is this week’s selection of activities. There’s some activities on Greek Myths and
some more Science activities looking at electricity.
1. Daily Reading for 30 minutes – can you please sign their reading contact book. There are
also activities on Education City under homework and reading that can also be
2. Spellings – high frequency and common exception words. The children to choose 10 that
they think they cannot spell and use the spelling strategy sheet to practice them.
3. TTRockstars – independent multiplication tables game. This game assesses the children
as they play and adapts the questions to the speed and accuracy of their answers.
4. Bronze and Silver 5 a day maths sheets. Children to choose either bronze or silver or
both. These sheets cover all areas of maths. Some questions on the silver sheets may be
unfamiliar as we haven’t covered them in class but the children know this and will try
and tackle them. If you want more, feel free to use the ones that are the dates in the 2
weeks just gone.
5. There are also some Purple Mash maths games to complete this week but make sure it is
challenging even if you start with the easier games and work up to the more difficult.
6. Sports for the week: sprints, egg and spoon, high jump and long jump. You can either
have a go at these activities as a family or children can see if they can beat their own
scores. We would love to see lots of your photos of the activities so please can these be
sent to: email@example.com
7. Purple Mash - some of the sports activities will need to be recorded and then the results
put into graphs on purple mash.
8. Sports person Biography - choose a sports person or athlete and use Purple Mash to write
what you have found out about them.
9. Science - Education City looking at nutrition and food groups and what we should be
eating to stay healthy.
10. Purple Mash - internet safety - seeing as we are using technology a lot more at the
moment I have given you a sorting activity on internet safety.
Thank you very much; I hope you enjoy this week’s activities.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
- Letter to Year 4 parents - 22nd-26th June 2020.pdf
- Year 4 weekly planner week 11 - 22nd-26th June 2020.pdf