Home Working Area Year 4 - 8th-12th June 2020
Please find below the information for home learning for Year 4 for week 9 – 8th-12th June. The home learning information and resources from previous weeks will remain available in the Year 4 Parent's Hub under the relevant week.
Please click on the link below to see this week’s video from Miss Simmonds
(Text from Year 4 parent letter, also below as a PDF)
Dear Year 4 parents,
Hello and welcome to week 9! This week I (Miss Simmonds) have taken over setting home learning for you so you will notice some changes but hope you will enjoy them!
Here is this week’s selection of activities. There’s some activities on Food that was eaten during the Ancient Greek times and some Science activities on Electricity.
- Daily Reading for 30 minutes – can you please sign their reading contact book. There are also activities on Education City under homework and reading that can also be completed.
- Spellings – high frequency and common exception words. The children to choose 10 that they think they cannot spell and use the spelling strategy sheet to practice them.
- TTRockstars – independent multiplication tables game. This game assesses the children as they play and adapts the questions to the speed and accuracy of their answers.
- Bronze and Silver 5 a day maths sheets. Children to choose either bronze or silver or both. These sheets cover all areas of maths. Some questions on the silver sheets may be unfamiliar as we haven’t covered them in class, but the children know this and will try and tackle them. If you want more, feel free to use the ones that are the dates in the 2 weeks just gone.
- There are also some Purple Mash maths games to complete this week but make sure it is challenging. In addition to the games I have also added a perimeter challenge to calculate the perimeter of the shapes and a touch-typing game (My class says this was a really good game!)
- Education City – Science – electricity focus. Complete the activities about Electricity. In addition to this another activity this week is to research objects that do or do not conduct electricity and then create a poster from your research.
- Purple Mash – research the history of the Olympics and then write up what you have found out using the Purple Mash 2do.
- I have also included some YouTube videos by a duo called Maddie and Greg. My class have loved them, and they are very informative. You will need to watch the video and complete the activity I have given you afterwards.
- In addition, you can also have a look at the BBC Bitesize Daily lessons. These are free, easy to follow lessons with video clips and activities to add variety to the work I have set already. Feel free to try them and explore previous lessons.
Thank you very much
We look forward to seeing you soon