Home Working Area Year 4 - 4th-8th May 2020
Please find below the information for home learning for Year 4 for week 5 – 4th-8th May. The home learning information and resources from previous weeks will remain available in the Year 4 Parent's Hub under the relevant week.
Please see below the video from Mr Kay for you and the Year 4 children about this week's home learning, or click on the link below:
(Text from Year 4 parent letter, also below as a PDF)
Dear Year 4 parents,
Here is this week’s selection of activities. The emphasis this week is on Ancient Greeks.
1. Daily Reading for 30 minutes – can you please sign their reading contact book.
2. Spellings – high frequency and common exception words. The children to choose 10
that they think they cannot spell and use the spelling strategy sheet to practice them.
3. TTRockstars – independent multiplication tables game. This game assesses the
children as they play and adapts the questions to the speed and accuracy of their
4. Bronze and Silver 5 a day maths sheets. Children to choose either bronze or silver or
both. These sheets cover all areas of maths. Some questions on the silver sheets may
be unfamiliar as we haven’t covered them in class, but the children know this and will
try and tackle them. If you want more, feel free to use the ones that are the dates in the 2 weeks just gone.
5. Education City – 5 activities based on reading comprehension at different levels. I
have also set differentiated activities for particular groups of children, either to add
extra support or to challenge and extend.
6. Purple Mash – This week is all about the Ancient Greeks. There is a link to a
YouTube clip on the story of Medusa which you need to watch before starting the
Medusa story writing activity.
The Ancient Greek God activity does have all the information you need to do the writing. Just click on the “More” info button on the intro screen. If you want to research more online, feel free, but remember to stay safe and use your internet research skills:
- Put “for kids” or “KS2” or “for kids KS2” or “for children” at the end of your search
- Look at the green web address to see if it looks appropriate
- Tell and adult straight away if anything pops up that makes you feel uncomfortable.
It is a Bank Holiday this Friday. The work is planned but if you are busy spending the
day travelling to the older brother’s room, or having a family picnic in the porch, or even
spending a day trekking up the stairs as your favourite superhero, then that is cool! Stay
safe, stay sane!!
Thank you very much.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Mr Kay and the Year 4 Team