Home Working Area Year 4 - 27th April-1st May 2020
Please find below the information for home learning for Year 4 for week 4 – 27th April–1st May. The home learning information and resources from previous weeks will remain available in the Year 4 Parent's Hub under the relevant week.
Take a look at the new videos and photos from Mr Dailey, our DASP PE Specialist under the PE hub, lots of ideas for physical activities you can do at home. If you would like to send any videos, photos of what your children are doing with their PE to Mr Dailey/Mrs Fearn, please send them to the school office email.
We also have information from the Dorset Reading Partners/links to authors reading stories, how to read at home for fun, under a new Reading at home hub.
(Text from Year 4 parent letter, also below as a PDF)
Dear Year 4 parents
Here is this week’s selection of activities. A massive thanks to all the children who have
submitted work – I am busy working my way through it all! WELL DONE!!!!!!
1. Daily Reading for 20 minutes – can you please sign their reading contact book.
2. Spellings – high frequency and common exception words. The children to choose 10
that they think they cannot spell and use the spelling strategy sheet to practice them.
3. TTRockstars – independent multiplication tables game. This game assesses the
children as they play and adapts the questions to the speed and accuracy of their
4. Bronze and Silver 5 a day maths sheets. Children to choose either bronze or silver or
both. These sheets cover all areas of maths. Some questions on the silver sheets may
be unfamiliar as we haven’t covered them in class, but the children know this and will
try and tackle them. If you want more, feel free to use the ones that are the dates in the
2 weeks just gone.
5. Education City – 5 activities based on either maths or English. The activities chosen
say that they are tablet-friendly, but sometimes this is not the case. If you cannot
access the game, don’t worry. I have also set differentiated activities for particular
groups of children, either to add extra support or to challenge and extend.
6. Purple Mash – there will be a range of things for the children to do. Some of it will be
independent work and some activities may require adult support. There are tutorial
videos to many of the activities that the children should watch. This week there are 2
writing activities that need to be submitted to me.
Thank you very much
We look forward to seeing you soon
Mr Kay and the Year 4 Team
- Letter to Year 4 parents - 27th April-1st May 2020.pdf
- Year 4 weekly planner week 4 - 27th April-1st May 2020.pdf
- Curriculum topic web - Year 4 - Summer 2020 - How did the Ancient Greeks influence our modern day lives.pdf