Home Working Area Year 4 - 18th-22nd May 2020
Please find below the information for home learning for Year 4 for week 7 – 18th-22nd May. The home learning information and resources from previous weeks will remain available in the Year 4 Parent's Hub under the relevant week.
Mr Dailey has produced some more PE challenge videos; they can be found under PE & Exercise at Home.
Please click on the link below to see this week’s video from Mr Kay
(Text from Year 4 parent letter, also below as a PDF)
Dear Year 4 Parents
Here is this week’s selection of activities. There’s some activities on The Wooden Horse of Troy as part of the Ancient Greeks and some maths activities on graphs and charts.
- Daily Reading for 30 minutes – can you please sign their reading contact book.
- Spellings – high frequency and common exception words. The children to choose 10 that they think they cannot spell and use the spelling strategy sheet to practice them.
- TTRockstars – independent multiplication tables game. This game assesses the children as they play and adapts the questions to the speed and accuracy of their answers.
- Bronze and Silver 5 a day maths sheets. Children to choose either bronze or silver or both. These sheets cover all areas of maths. Some questions on the silver sheets may be unfamiliar as we haven’t covered them in class, but the children know this and will try and tackle them. If you want more, feel free to use the ones that are the dates in the 2 weeks just gone.
- Education City – 5 activities based on Graphs and charts. These activities are sequenced so you need to complete them in the order set. I have included answers so that you can check your work.
- Purple Mash – This week is all about our Ancient Greek topic, focusing on the story of The Wooden Horse of Troy. There are links to YouTube clips retelling the story which you need to watch before starting the two writing activities. I have also included some maths activities on graphs and charts. There are 3 activities to recap learning from Year 3 followed by 3 activities at Year 4 level.
- I have included links to the BBC Bitesize Daily lessons. These are free easy to follow lessons with video clips and activities to add variety to the work I have set already. Feel free to try them and explore previous lessons.
Thank you very much
We look forward to seeing you soon
Mr Kay and the Year 4 Team