Home Working Area Year 4 - 11th-15th May 2020
Please find below the information for home learning for Year 4 for week 6 – 11th-15th May. The home learning information and resources from previous weeks will remain available in the Year 4 Parent's Hub under the relevant week.
Please click on the link below to see this week’s video from Mr Kay:
(Text from Year 4 parent letter, also below as a PDF)
Dear Year 4 Parents
Here is this week’s selection of activities. The emphasis this week is on Ancient Greeks.
- Daily Reading for 30 minutes – can you please sign their reading contact book.
- Spellings – high frequency and common exception words. The children to choose 10 that they think they cannot spell and use the spelling strategy sheet to practice them.
- TTRockstars – independent multiplication tables game. This game assesses the children as they play and adapts the questions to the speed and accuracy of their answers.
- Bronze and Silver 5 a day maths sheets. Children to choose either bronze or silver or both. These sheets cover all areas of maths. Some questions on the silver sheets may be unfamiliar as we haven’t covered them in class, but the children know this and will try and tackle them. If you want more, feel free to use the ones that are the dates in the 2 weeks just gone.
- Education City – 5 activities based on Science – Habitats. These activities are sequenced so you need to complete them in the order set. I have included answers to the quizzes so that you can check your own score.
- Purple Mash – This week is all about our science topic on Rocks and Soils with a focus on fossils. There are links to YouTube clips on fossils which you need to watch before starting the two writing activities.
There is more information on the “More” info button on the intro screen of the Fossil Factfile activity. If you want to research more online, feel free, but remember to stay safe and use your internet research skills:
- Put “for kids” or “KS2” or “for kids KS2” or “for children” at the end of your search
- Look at the green web address to see if it looks appropriate
- Tell and adult straight away if anything pops up that makes you feel uncomfortable.
Thank you very much.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Mr Kay and the Year 4 Team