Home Working Area Year 3 (Summer) - 13th-17th July 2020
Please find below the information for home learning for Year 3 for week 14 – 13th-17th July. The home learning information and resources from previous weeks will remain available in the Year 3 Parent's Hub under the relevant week.
Please click on the link below to see this week’s video from Miss Simmonds
(Text from Year 3 parent letter, also below as a PDF)
Dear Year 3 Parents
I hope you are all keeping well.
Hello and welcome to week 14! I hope you enjoyed last week’s e-safety activities!
Welcome to the last week of term.
This week there are lots of challenges to challenge yourself by doing something
you might not usually do - so I hope you enjoy them!!
The activities for this week are:
1. Continue to practice your spellings from the lists given. Remember you can
always use word pyramids to help you with your practicing! Also remember
to have a go at the purple mash game.
2. Reading continues to be using education city games - there is a folder
under homework called - reading. The children can choose an activity they
like the look of and complete it. Or read a book of your choice at home.
3. Math activities - games on purple mash, TT rock stars plus other websites.
4. Corbett maths challenge - 5 a day. If these are too tricky then please
have a look at the maths activities on Education City.
5. Challenge yourself activities:
❖ Throw a ball into a bucket - see how many you can get in a row.
❖ make an origami boat and see how it floats
❖ throw a ball into the air and see how many claps you can do before catching it again.
❖ Make a fortune teller and tell someone’s fortune
❖ Make a paper airplane and measure how far it flies.
I hope you enjoy these activities - send me lots of pictures so I can see how you
are all getting on.
6. Make a board game based around World War 2 - think about the different
ways players can go forwards and backwards.
7. Watch the video about how Lego is made and write 5 facts about how it is
8. Watch the video about how bees make honey and create a poster to show
how honey is made.
9. Write 5 things that you have enjoyed during Year 3, so I know the best
parts to do with my new class and draw a picture.
10. Create a piece of artwork based around the summer - you could use paint,
pens, pencils etc.
I hope you enjoy this weeks’ activities.
Thank you very much for all of your support over this difficult time and I
hope you all have a fantastic summer holiday. I’m looking forward to seeing
you all as Year 4 in September.
Miss Simmonds and the Year 3 team