Home Working Area Year 3 (Sports Week) - 22nd-26th June 2020
Please find below the information for home learning for Year 3 for week 11 – 22nd-26th June. The home learning information and resources from previous weeks will remain available in the Year 3 Parent's Hub under the relevant week.
Please click on the link below to see this week’s video from Miss Simmonds
This week is our Sports Week, please see Mrs Fearn's Video
(Text from Year 3 parent letter, also below as a PDF)
Dear Year 3 parents,
I hope you are all well and are enjoying the beautiful weather. Welcome to Week 11 of
activities. This week is SPORTS WEEK!
To celebrate what should have been sports day last week we have a week full of sports/sport inspired activities. We would love to see lots of your photos of the activities so please can these be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s lovely to see the activities that are being done at home - remember to keep using the ‘hand in’ button.
The activities for this week are:
1. Continue to practice your spellings from the lists given. Remember you can always use word pyramids to help you with your practicing! Also remember to have a go at the
purple mash game.
2. Reading continues to be using education city games - there is a folder under homework called - reading. The children can choose an activity they like the look of and
3. Math activities - games on purple mash to have a go at - remember to give yourself a challenge if there is a choice!
4. I have also added corbett maths challenge - 5 a day. If these are too tricky then please have a look at the maths activities on Education City.
5. Sports for the week: sprints, egg and spoon, high jump and long jump. You can either have a go at these activities as a family or children can see if they can beat their own scores.
6. Purple Mash - some of the sports activities will need to be recorded and then the results put into graphs on purple mash.
7. Sports person Biography - choose a sports person or athlete and use Purple Mash to write what you have found out about them.
8. Science - Education City looking at nutrition and food groups and what we should be eating to stay healthy.
9. Purple Mash – internet safety - seeing as we are using technology a lot more at the moment I have given you a sorting activity on internet safety.
If you feel like being creative with more sports, gymnastics etc then please feel free. Make sure you send us the photos so we can see all of the fun you are having!
I hope you enjoy this weeks’ activities.
Thank you very much for all of your support.
We look forward to seeing you very soon
Miss Simmonds and the Year 3 team
- Letter to Year 3 parents - 22nd-26th June 2020.pdf
- Year 3 weekly planner week 11 - 22nd-26th June 2020.pdf