Home Working Area Year 3 (Safety Week) - 6th-10th July 2020
Please find below the information for home learning for Year 3 for week 13 – 6th-10th July. The home learning information and resources from previous weeks will remain available in the Year 3 Parent's Hub under the relevant week.
Please click on the link below to see this week’s video from Miss Simmonds
(Text from Year 3 parent letter, also below as a PDF)
Dear Year 3 parents,
I hope you are all keeping well.
Hello and welcome to week 13! I hope you enjoyed last week’s activities!
Here is this week’s selection of activities. We have a focus of e-safety for this
week. Seeing as the children are using online activities we feel it's really important they know exactly what to do to stay safe online.
The activities for this week are:
1. Continue to practice your spellings from the lists given. Remember you can
always use word pyramids to help you with your practicing! Also remember
to have a go at the purple mash game.
2. Reading continues to be using education city games - there is a folder
under homework called - reading. The children can choose an activity they
like the look of and complete it.
3. Math activities - games on purple mash, tt rock stars plus other websites.
4. I have also added corbett maths challenge - 5 a day. If these are too
tricky then please have a look at the maths activities on Education City.
5. Bitesize - computing lesson looking at how the internet works - there are
then a couple of worksheets to complete after watching the videos.
6. Purple mash passwords activity - think about the importance of using
passwords and sharing these passwords, then create a poster to highlight
the importance of not sharing your passwords.
7. Purple Mash - friendbook activity on purple mash - this might need some
discussion to decide what should be done.
8. Have a go at the email task - be careful though and think about what has
9. Purple Mash - create your own e-safety quiz using what you have found out
about so far this week. This website might be useful:
10. Create a leaflet to tell people how they need to stay safe online. Remember
to include all of the key information learnt about during this week.
11. Finally there is a touch typing activity to help with your typing skills.
I hope you enjoy this weeks’ activities.
Thank you very much for all of your support.
We look forward to seeing you very soon
Miss Simmonds and the Year 3 team