Home Working Area Year 3 - 4th-8th May 2020
Please find below the information for home learning for Year 3 for week 5 – 4th-8th May. The home learning information and resources from previous weeks will remain available in the Year 3 Parent's Hub under the relevant week.
Please see below the video from Miss Simmonds for you and the Year 3 children about this week's home learning, or click on the link below:
(Text from Year 3 parent letter, also below as a PDF)
Dear Year 3 parents,
I hope you are all well. Welcome to Week 5 of activities which has a history focus on
World War 2 this week. Please do as many as you can. This week and from now on a
video will accompany the home learning to explain to the children what they will need to
do. Timings have been added to the grid as a guide for some people but please feel free
to use your own judgement.
I have included work for Friday, it is however a bank holiday, so it is up to you whether
your child completes the activities.
Purple Mash - please make sure when your child has completed an activity, they hit the
‘hand in’ button so I can view it and respond to what they have done.
The activities are:
1. Take words from the common exception list/high frequency list and play spelling
games with your child. A sheet has been sent home with different ideas of how your
child could practice their spellings. On a Friday the children are asked to be tested on
the spellings they have learnt from that week. In school we say a sentence with the
spelling in and ask the children to write the whole sentence.
2. Maths - TT Rock stars and purple mash games - bubbles and race games.
3. PE this week is a combination of Joe Wicks and Cosmic Yoga. Have a go at these,
they are lots of fun and Joe Wicks does fancy dress on a Friday!
4. This week I have found some interesting videos on YouTube that you can watch and
do the activity that goes with it. I hope you enjoy making your own music!
5. Art - we begin looking at Lowry this week who is our artist focus for this term.
6. Reading this week is using education city games - there is a folder under homework called - reading. The children can choose an activity they like the look of and complete it.
7. Maths work is to be found on the education city and purple mash websites. In addition to this, any work on shapes 2D and 3D that you can find around your house. Can you draw these shapes accurately using a ruler or something with a straight edge?
8. For spellings this week have a go at the purple mash activity focussing on -tion words.
I hope you enjoy this weeks’ activities. Thank you very much for all of your support.
We look forward to seeing you very soon
Miss Simmonds and the Year 3 team