Home Working Area Year 3 - 30th March-3rd April 2020
I hope you are all well. Welcome to Week 2 of activities.
Much of the work will be similar to last week. Please do as
many as you can.
The activities are:
1. Take words from the common exception list/high frequency list and play spelling games with your child.
A sheet has been sent home with different ideas of how your child could practice their spellings. On a Friday the children are asked to be tested on the spellings they have learnt from that week. In school we say a sentence with the spelling in and ask the children to write the whole sentence.
2. Maths - TT Rock stars - the children can play this game which works by giving them questions based on their initial assessment game. They can then earn coins and ‘buy’ things with these coins they have earnt.
3. This week I have given you a story starter about the magic escalator - the children can story map this if they like (they draw small pictures of what would happen in their story) and then the following day they will need to use purple mash to write their story up (some of them have used this is class previously)
4. After exploring with magnets - can your child create a poster for the materials that magnets repel and attract to? Make it as bright and colourful as you like.
5. Please carry on reading at home. Helpful reading comments are on our website.
6. Maths work is to be found on the education city website. In addition to this, any work on telling the time, naming 2D and 3D shapes and looking for lines of symmetry would be helpful.
7. In RE we are learning about Lent, which will follow onto learning about Easter. Please help your child to find out more about this special time of year. Videos can be found on BBC Bitesize websites.
Thank you very much
We look forward to seeing you soon
Miss Simmonds and the Yr 3 team
- Letter to Year 3 Parents - 30th March - 3rd April 2020.pdf
- Year 3 weekly planning timetable 30.03.20-03.04.20.pdf