Home Working Area Year 3 - 27th April-1st May 2020
Please find below the information for home learning for Year 3 for week 4 – 27th April–1st May. The home learning information and resources from previous weeks will remain available in the Year 3 Parent's Hub under the relevant week.
The Curriculum topic web for your year has been added as a resource this week for your information and they have been uploaded to the Curriculum hub as well.
Take a look at the new videos and photos from Mr Dailey, our DASP PE Specialist under the PE hub, lots of ideas for physical activities you can do at home. If you would like to send any videos, photos of what your children are doing with their PE to Mr Dailey/Mrs Fearn, please send them to the school office email.
We also have information from the Dorset Reading Partners/links to authors reading stories, how to read at home for fun, under a new Reading at home hub.
(Text from Year 3 parent letter, also below as a PDF)
Dear Year 3 parents,
I hope you are all well and enjoying the sunshine. Welcome to Week 4 of activities.
Please do as many as you can.
The activities are:
1. Take words from the common exception list/high frequency list and play spelling games
with your child. A sheet has been sent home with different ideas of how your child could
practice their spellings. On a Friday, the children are asked to be tested on the spellings
they have learnt from that week. In school we say a sentence with the spelling in and ask
the children to write the whole sentence.
2. Maths - TT Rock stars - the children can play this game which works by giving them
questions based on their initial assessment game. They can then earn coins and ‘buy’
things with these coins they have earnt.
3. Science - we begin looking at Plants this week. Using education city games and purple
mash to create a descriptive piece on how plants grow.
4. Art – RE - create a cross in a stained-glass window style. Can you think of important
words about Easter and Jesus dying on the cross to put onto your picture?
5. Please carry on reading at home. Helpful reading comments are on our website.
6. Maths work is to be found on the education city website. In addition to this, any work on
telling the time and measurement in centimetres, millimetres and metres would be
Also the topic web is attached which is what the children would be learning during
summer term - feel free to have a look and complete some activities if you feel this
would be beneficial - but do not feel any of it has to be done. It is just an additional tool
if you feel you would like to complete any of it.
Thank you very much.
We look forward to seeing you very soon.
Miss Simmonds and the Year 3 team
- Letter to Year 3 parents - 27th April-1st May 2020.pdf
- Year 3 weekly planner week 4 - 27th April-1st May 2020.pdf
- Great Galapagos.pdf
- Incredible Invertebrates!.pdf
- The Great White Shark Activity Card.pdf
- What Plants Need to Grow Activity Card.pdf