Home Working Area Year 3 - 18th-22nd May 2020
Please find below the information for home learning for Year 3 for week 7 – 18th-22nd May. The home learning information and resources from previous weeks will remain available in the Year 3 Parent's Hub under the relevant week.
Attached this week is guidance on inputting and enlarging text on Purple Mash and using the White Rose website as well as three separate videos on the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
Mr Dailey has produced some more PE challenge videos; they can be found under PE & Exercise at Home.
Please click on the link below to see this week’s video from Miss Simmonds
(Text from Year 3 parent letter, also below as a PDF)
Dear Year 3 Parents
I hope you are all well.
Welcome to Week 7 of activities which continues to have a World War 2 focus, this week it is through the use of the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe story. Please do as many as you can.
Thank you for continuing to get the children to ‘hand in’ their work. It is lovely to see what is being done at home.
The activities for this week are:
1. Continue to practice your spellings from the lists given. Remember you can always use word pyramids to help you with your practicing! Also remember to have a go at the
purple mash game.
2. Maths - this week there continues to be White Rose activities and videos to complete. We continue to have a look at fractions. Remember you can always use items around the house to help the children with fractions e.g. cakes and pizzas.
Lesson 1 - week 1 lesson 4 - count in tenths.
Lesson 2 - week 1 lesson 5 - tenths as decimals
Lesson 3 - week 2 - lesson 1 -fractions on a numberline
3. PE this week continues to be a combination of Joe Wicks and Cosmic Yoga.
4. RE - research Pentecost and what it means. Then use Purple Mash to write up what you have found.
5. Reading continues to be using education city games - there is a folder under homework called - reading. The children can choose an activity they like the look of and complete it. There is also A World War 2 story for the children to read and answer questions about.
6. English - activities this week relate to the story the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I have videoed myself reading parts of the story the children will need to:
a) watch the first part of the story and then move onto the first activity - Lucy’s Wardrobe where they will need to write a description and draw a picture of what she saw, felt, heard, smelt.
b) Next, they will have to watch the second part and create a character profile on a character of choice - either Lucy, Edmund, Susan or Peter. They will need to consider the qualities of their chosen character – are they kind, adventurous, mischievous?
c) Finally, they will watch the final part of the story and complete a book review for the story.
I hope you enjoy this weeks’ activities.
Thank you very much for all of your support.
We look forward to seeing you very soon
Miss Simmonds and the Year 3 team
- Letter to Year 3 parents - 18th-22nd May 2020.pdf
- Year 3 weekly planner week 7 - 18th-22nd May 2020.pdf
- White Rose guidance week 7.pdf
- Purple Mash Guidance on font size.pdf
- Year 3 week 6 lesson 4 - answers.pdf
- Lesson-1- Fractions on a number line.pdf
- Lesson 1 - Fractions on a number line - answers.pdf
- Year 3 week 6 lesson 4.pdf
- Year 3 week 6 lesson 5 - answers.pdf
- Year 3 week 6 lesson 5.pdf