Home Working Area Year 3 - 15th-19th June 2020
Please find below the information for home learning for Year 3 for week 10 – 15th-19th June. The home learning information and resources from previous weeks will remain available in the Year 3 Parent's Hub under the relevant week.
Please click on the link below to see this week’s video from Miss Simmonds
(Text from Year 3 parent letter, also below as a PDF)
Dear Year 3 parents,
I hope you are all well and are enjoying the beautiful weather. Welcome to Week 10 of
activities. Please do as many activities as you can. It’s lovely to see the activities that are
being done at home - remember to keep using the ‘hand in’ button.
The activities for this week are:
1. Continue to practice your spellings from the lists given. Remember you can always use
word pyramids to help you with your practicing! Also remember to have a go at the
purple mash game.
2. Maths - this week there continues to be White Rose activities and videos to complete.
We continue to have a look at fractions. Remember you can always use items around the
house to help the children with fractions e.g. cakes and pizzas.
Lesson 1 - week 3 lesson 3 - compare fractions
Lesson 2 - week 3 lesson 4 - order fractions
Lesson 3 - week 3 - lesson 5 - challenge
3. PE this week continues to be a combination of Joe Wicks, Cosmic Yoga and I have
found another interesting dance class to have a go at!
4. Reading continues to be using education city games - there is a folder under homework
called - reading. The children can choose an activity they like the look of and complete it.
5. There are some more exciting Maddie and Greg videos to watch with activities to
complete from watching the video.
6. History - research rationing and what it was and then write up what you have found
using Purple Mash. There is also a video for you to watch about rationing.
7. Spywatch - begin to watch the first 2 episodes of Spywatch (all about world war 2). Then create a character profile on Norman.
I hope you enjoy this weeks’ activities.
Thank you very much for all of your support.
We look forward to seeing you very soon
Miss Simmonds and the Year 3 team
- Letter to Year 3 parents - 15th-19th June 2020.pdf
- Year 3 weekly planner week 10 - 15th-19th June 2020.pdf